Clara Cros Lacal and Nati Lacal from La Rebotica restaurant in Cariñena, Zaragoza.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 500 grams of Brazal Maratelli or Bomba rice
- 1 thigh, 1 leg and 2 wings of La Abuela chicken
- 50 grams of Jamón de Teruel (cured Spanish ham from Teruel)
- 1 carrot
- ¼ kilo of mushrooms
- ½ leek (the white part)
- 1 kilo of ripe peeled tomatoes
- 1 sweet onion from Fuentes de Ebro
- Organic saffron threads from Teruel
- 1 green pepper
- ½ red pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Extra virgin olive oil from Bajo Aragón
- 1 glass of dry white wine from Cariñena
- Salt and pepper
- Chop the chicken into pieces and remove the skin from the thigh. Season and sauté in a pan with a little oil. Then remove the chicken and set aside.
- In the same pan, or in the paella dish you are planning to use, add a little oil followed by all of the vegetables (having washed, diced and seasoned them). Chop the garlic very finely. Sauté for around 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir with a wooden spatula. Then add the wine and chicken plus 1 ¼ litres of water (preferably hot).
- Leave to cook on a medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Dissolve the saffron in 2 tablespoons of hot water, add to the pan and leave to simmer for 4 minutes.
- Throughout the cooking process, make sure you move the pan from time to time to prevent the rice from sticking.
- Check that the rice is cooked then leave to rest for 5 minutes, covered with a lid or clean tea-towel. The dish is then ready to serve.